Subject: Re: Ongoing projects - status update as of 2023/08/13 / requests for clarification
From: Michal Siemaszko <[email-masked]>
To: Jürgen Albert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 01:14:54 +0200

Juergen,

Regarding _PlayerTour front-end_:

  *

    I informed about problems with deliverables from Markus - i.e. what
    I'm supposed to receive in order to do my work - for well over a
    year already. Nothing has changed and it's only gotten worse. On
    this topic, I explained everything in detail already multiple times,
    so please refer to those communications;

  *

    What is very worrying to me for quite a long time is that (*A*)
    nothing was done about those problems, (*B*) in direct communication
    with client, you attempted to shift responsibility for "lack of
    progress" on to me;

  *

    Back in June (2023), I would have been able to start if not for the
    issues I reported in comments to
    https://github.com/AmateurPlayerTour/frontend/issues/1
    <https://github.com/AmateurPlayerTour/frontend/issues/1> back then –
    I was not busy with other projects at that time, and PlayerTour was
    a priority; only subsequently I switched to other projects;

  *

    I also offered alternative of launching the app and then improving
    it as time goes – as that’s exactly how it should have been done
    since app is ready for close to 6 months already;

  *

    I can offer another alternative: asking UX/UI people I worked with
    on other projects, including UX/UI person with whom I worked on
    multiple IT projects since 1999
    (https://www.linkedin.com/in/wojtekpiotrowski/
    <https://www.linkedin.com/in/wojtekpiotrowski/>), for appraisal /
    help with UX/UI part on this project; Markus is either unwilling or
    unable to provide what is required for me to do my work, and this
    has happened too many times for me to accept this again; I explained
    everything in detail already multiple times, so please refer to
    those communications.

  *

    In the summary I sent you on Sunday (13.08) I clearly mentioned I’d
    prefer not to work on the front-end project until issues I reported
    multiple times are resolved – now, I would like to emphasize and
    rephrase this: I cannot continue on the front-end project until
    issues I reported multiple times over the course of over a year are
    resolved once and for all;

Regarding _other projects_:

  *

    we just (21.07.2023) extended contract for another year, for which I
    am grateful,

  *

    however, I need to make sure there's sufficient amount of projects
    in the backlog that you need done, because I want to avoid
    situations like 2-3 days this month already, when having finished
    with Felix and Gecko GraphQL, I had nothing else to do and neither
    you nor Mark were present,

  *

    you mentioned several times in such situations I should charge you
    anyway, but I want to avoid charging you without delivering anything,

  *

    so, now, you assigned me some minor things like the R
    (https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/issues/15
    <https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/issues/15>)
    and CSV
    (https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/issues/14
    <https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/issues/14>)
    exporter and Gecko issue
    (https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.graphql/issues/9
    <https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.graphql/issues/9>) –
    is that all for now ? Because that alone will perhaps keep me busy
    until end of this month, maybe not even.

Regarding _meeting in Jena_ – I do not know yet, as I have some issues 
with neck muscles / spine to take care of, so it depends on how well 
this improves, hopefully I will be able to visit for at least one day, 
we’ll see.

Regards,

-- 
   Michael H. Siemaszko
   Telegram: mhsiemaszko
   Email:[email-masked],
          [email-masked]
   WWW:http://ideas.into.software/
   GitHub:https://github.com/ideas-into-software/
   LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/mhsiemaszko/
   Twitter:https://twitter.com/IntoSoftware/

On 8/15/23 15:49, Jürgen Albert wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Mark is out for this week, as he is still recovering. Thus I can't 
> really talk about the felix stuff. I don't now about any other 
> projects that need updates to the new Servlet.
>
> On the Rest:
>
> "R"
>
> Stefan asked to spend one day at the most to look into a potential R 
> exporter for EMF. He wants the following questions answered:
> 1. Is it possible?
> 2. What would be a rough estimate?
>
> GraphQL:
>
> I have created 
> https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.graphql/issues/9. 
> Please have a look at this.
>
> CSV Exporter EMF:
>
> https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/issues/14
>
> It would be great if you could start work on these 3 topics in that 
> order. Please book any time spend on this 
> https://track.toggl.com/854063/projects/194349560/tasks
>
> Jürgen.
>
>
> Am 14/08/2023 um 13:11 schrieb Michal Siemaszko:
>> Hi Juergen,
>>
>> No problem, but I need to know whether I should work on the "R" 
>> project, alternatively if there are other, more urgent things.
>>
>> Please see the summary I sent yesterday for details what I mean by 
>> "R" project (i.e. what you mentioned Stefan needs, but I worked on 
>> other projects at that time).
>>
>> Regards,